Contigent on Grant Funding
POSITION : Early Head Start Bus Driver Maintenance RFT
SALARY : DOE
OPENING DATE : October 11, 2017
CLOSING DATE : October 25, 2017
LOCATION : Omaha Tribe of Nebraska
Early Head Start Program
SUMMARY: To perform skilled work in keeping the premises of the Early Head Start facility, grounds and vehicles in clean, safe and orderly condition. To ensure the safety of the Early Head Start students en route to school and home.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cleans rugs, carpets, furniture and drapes as needed and shampoo carpet as scheduled.
2. Performs light maintenance such as furniture assembly, lifting and moving furniture and painting, replacing air filters and other maintenance duties.
3. Cleans and polishes light fixtures and replaces lights as needed.
4. Cleans hallways, lounges, restrooms, doorways, classrooms and offices.
5. Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes and polishes floors.
6. Washes walls, ceiling, woodwork, windows, sills and door panels.
7. Collect trash on a daily basis, in classrooms, offices and kitchen areas.
8. Cleans bathrooms and replenishes bathroom supplies.
9. Does plumbing and other related maintenance activities.
10. Submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs, relocation of equipment and allocation of space.
11. Repairs and installs counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, floors, doors and glass in windows.
12. Replaces damaged ceiling, tile, floor and furniture.
13. Spray and buff on a weekly basis, strip and wax floors as needed.
14. Maintains records of planned and completed maintenance.
15. Cuts lawn, trims and edge around walks, flowerbeds and walls.
16. Sprays lawn, shrubs and trees with fertilizer, herbicides and insecticides. Rakes and bags or burns leaves.
17. Plants grass, flowers, trees and shrubs. Waters lawn and scrubs.
18. Repairs fences, gates, walls and walks. Paints fences and outbuildings.
19. Monitors and takes inventory of tools and equipment purchased by the program.
20. Set up tables and chairs for Head Start activities as needed.
21. Ability to operate various cleaning and maintenance equipment.
1. Monitor other transportation staff and parent volunteers for safety as scheduled.
2. Maintain bus on a daily basis. Report to the supervisor for repairs and accidents.
3. Inspect condition of vehicles after bus routes and field trips, notify the supervisor of any changes.
4. Safely transport Early Head Start children, staff, chaperones, and parents to and from planned Early Head Start activities.
5. Assists in planning and implementing regular bus evacuation drills and provide training.
6. Knows necessary protocols in transporting children with special needs.
7. Completes monthly reporting and maintains fuel and servicing records.
8. Cleans bus and program vehicles on a regular basis.
9. Supervises the loading and unloading of Early Head Start enrolled children along with the bus monitor.
10. Completes inspections on buses and all program vehicles on a regular basis.
11. Will be knowledgeable of early Head Start transportation and Performance Standards.
1. Submit information for the monthly newsletter.
2. Mandatory reporter of all incidents of child abuse and neglect.
3. Handles confidential information with discretion concerning all children.
4. Attends training classes and Early Head Start in-service orientation.
5. Must pass central registry and background check.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Must be able to report to work as schedule directs. (15 minutes prior to the first bus route's departure-8:00 a.m. on days with no bus route)
3. Must notify supervisor by 7:00 a.m. if unable to work.
4. One (1) year experience in the maintenance field.
5. Certificate of training in the maintenance field.
6. Must have a valid driver's license.
7. Must have commercial driver's license (C.D.L.)
8. Must pass a physical and be capable of heavy lifting.
9. Must obtain CPR AND First Aid certification within 90 days and keep valid.
10. Ability to perform daily tasks with reliability and dependability.
11. Must have skills and training in carpentry and plumbing.
12. Must have basic knowledge of lighting, heating and cooling operations.
**INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL E PRACTICED, HOWEVER, ALL QUALIFIED
APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND RESUME/APPLICATION TO:
OMAHA TRIBE OF NEBRASKA
ATTN: PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
P.O. BOX 368
MACY, NE 68039
TELEPHONE (402) 837-5391
FACISIMILE (402) 837-4394