POSITION : Early Head Start Cook RFT
SALARY : DOE
OPENING DATE : October 11, 2017
CLOSING DATE : October 25, 2017
LOCATION : Omaha Tribe of Nebraska
Early Head Start Program
SUMMARY: To ensure the compliance of the performance standards in the preparation, storage, and cleanup of meals provided at Early Head Start facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Plan nutritionally appropriate menus in cooperation with staff and parents for
Breakfast/noon meal/p.m. snack.
2. Prepare breakfast, noon meal and one p.m. snack efficiently and sanitarily with adequate time between meals.
3. Prepare formula milk for babies and infants.
4. Provide and maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment in the kitchen, to meet the needs of individual children and those with special needs.
5. Provide responsive and appropriate service to each child and family.
6. Foster the parent's role as the principle influence on the child's development and as the child's primary educator, nurturer and advocate.
7. Communicate with families, parents, governing bodies and other staff to build
linkages and partnerships for continuous improvements of services for each child and family.
8. Participate with children at meals and other times when possible, to encourage language and social learning with positive guidance.
9. Maintain and present current, accurate, & complete records and menu planning
workbook, including inventory requirements.
10. Follow Head Start's Plan of Operations policies and procedures.
Skills and Knowledge:
1. Knowledge of early childhood development, education and guidance.
2. Knowledge of food preparation and preservation techniques.
3. Must be able to express oneself effectively in written form.
4. Must have good verbal communication skills to express one-self effectively.
5. Must be able to relate respectfully and courteously to children and adults.
6. Must be able to take direction and constructive criticism.
7. Must be able to organize/manage time/materials/information without constant supervision.
8. Ability to meet change progressively and creatively.
9. Ability to work as a team member.
10. Knowledge of first aid and CPR procedures.
1. Prepare breakfast, noon meal and one snack for children.
2. Keep track of feeding of babies along with classroom teachers.
3. Plan and prepare the menu daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
4. Clean and sanitize the kitchen area daily.
5. Provide household and custodial chores inside and outside the center.
6. Maintain current, accurate and complete records that include Early Head Start forms,
menus, reports, and inventory requirements.
7. In case of absence from work, must find a replacement to assure full staffing in the
8. Report any suspect of child abuse and neglect to the supervising teacher.
9. To do the ordering of the food on a weekly basis and to do the grocery shopping weekly for the centers.
10. Prepare meals for field trips-sack lunches.
11. Have input into lesson planning to meet nutrition objectives in the performance standards.
12. Establish procedures of appropriate dress wear and hair net usage when preparing
1. High School Diploma or GED certificate.
2. Minimum of one year cooking experience.
3. Train for CDA or Early Childhood Education Development degree.
**INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL E PRACTICED, HOWEVER, ALL QUALIFIED
APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND RESUME/APPLICATION TO:
OMAHA TRIBE OF NEBRASKA
ATTN: PERSONNEL DEPARTMENT
P.O. BOX 368
MACY, NE 68039
TELEPHONE (402) 837-5391
FACISIMILE (402) 837-4394